|
|
It was a real joy to make this bag. The pattern from Attic24 was so clear and easy to follow. I can't believe it came together so quickly. I loved working with chunky yarn, the way it grows so fast. The lining was a good decision i think as it makes the bag a lot stronger. So now I am left limbo again as I was thinking this project would last me the whole of the Easter hols! Mmmmm what to do next.......
I love the way you have lined your chunky bag, it looks fab! I have made the chunky bag too and would love to line it, but am not sure how to do it. Would you mind sharing how you did it? Thank you
ReplyDeleteHi Michele. Many thanks for your comment.
DeleteIt is the first time I have lined a bag so I made it up as I went along really. Basically I cut out two shapes .....a circle and a rectangle out of the fabric of your choice (making sure you add a bit on for the seam) I machine stitched the two ends of the rectangle together then attached the circle base to one end of it using the sewing machine. You now have a cylinder which will fit inside your bag, I hand stitched the top of the lining to the inside if the bag (using a strong quilting thread) and I made sure the stitches didn't go through to the outside of the bag as I didn't want them visible.
Hope this helps.... And good luck :-)
That's brilliant, Laura - thank you so much for your detailed 'how to', it's greatly appreciated! I'll let you know how I get on. I'm new to both sewing and crochet, but am loving both. Thanks again :)
ReplyDelete